Capital Project Voter Referendum
The Board of Education has approved a Special District Election to vote on a resolution to approve a Capital Project. This vote will take place on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. Polls will be located at Beacon High School and Glenham Elementary School, and will be open from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Voters who are registered with the Dutchess County Board of Elections are also registered to vote for the Capital Project Referendum. The Board of Education encourages all voters to verify their registration with the Board of Elections prior to the vote. This can be done by clicking on the link below to find the website for tthe Dutchess County Board of Elections.
New registrants can also find forms and registration information on this website.
Citizens who are not registered registered with Dutchess County, and wish to vote in the Beacon City School District Capital Project Voter Referendum, may register with the school district. Registration will take place on Monday, November 20, 2017 from 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. at the District Office at 10 Education Drive.
Voters must be:
- a United States Citizen
- 18 years of age or older (by December 5, 2017)
- a resident of the Beacon City School District for at least 30 days immediately preceding the vote.
Please bring indentification and proof of residency.
Absentee ballots are available if you are:
- Unable to vote in person because of illness or physical disability
- Planning to be out of the area for vacation, education, or business
- Confined to a prison due to a conviction of an offense other than a felony
- Accompanying a spouse, parent, or child of the same residence who cannot come to the polls for one of the above reasons
Absentee ballot applications are available at the District Office, or by clicking on the link below. The application must be received by the District Clerk at least seven (7) days before the election (November 28, 2017) if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter.
Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 to be counted.