- Beacon City School District
- BCSD Superintendent Updates
BCSD Superintendent Updates
Superintendent Blog Post - October 16, 2020Posted by Victoria Jackson on 10/16/2020
Superintendent Blog - Friday, October 16, 2020
Equity Report Card Update
We are very excited to share our BCSD Equity Report Card. Last year, the BCSD Board of Education established a district equity goal as part of their board goal setting. The goal is here:
The BCSD will celebrate diversity and provide an equitable education for all students by working to eliminate race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexuality, and disability as predictors of student success.
As part of our work, we have created an Equity Report Card for the school district. We use data regularly as part of our work as educators including this report card. Due to the hard work of our teachers, our Beacon High School graduation rate has seen significant positive progress in the past two years. We also have many areas across the district that we need to improve. We will update you about our work on this at board meetings, the district diversity committee, and via email. You can access the report card here: Equity Report Card
We are continuing with several initiatives this year that have contributed or will contribute to improvements in outcomes for our students:
- Implementation of Restorative Practices and Talking Circles
- Implementation of Responsive Classroom
- Curriculum writing and implementation
- Dignity Framework Training for educators in the district
- Equity Leadership Teams in each of our school buildings
We will share more about our efforts as the year progresses.
Please let me know if you have questions, suggestions, or concerns at email@example.com.
Urgent Blood Drive Sunday, 10/18/20 11:00am-5:00pm
Lewis Tompkins Hose-13 South Ave. Beacon
Sponsored by the Beacon Hebrew Alliance
To signup visit www.nybc.org or call 1-800-933-2566
Have a good weekend and stay safe!
Superintendent Blog Post - October 13, 2020Posted by Victoria Jackson on 10/13/2020
Sorry this did not go out on Friday, we were having an issue with our messenger system that caused a delay.
Thanks for joining me on the Reopening BCSD Townhall earlier last week. Here were a few of the main messages:
- Our staff and community have been amazing supporting and implementing this reopening plan. Thank you!!!
- Our plan consisting of wearing masks, social distancing, reducing the numbers of students in classrooms, health screening, and cleaning is working.
- As COVID-19 cases rise in the state and region, we may have a positive case with a staff member or a student. If that occurs, we may need to do a short-term closure of a school to allow for contact tracing and cleaning. We will communicate with the community throughout the entire process. Much of this depends on our work with the Dutchess County Department of Health but we are prepared for various contingencies.
- The elementary in-person schedule will continue with the 9:30 start time. If we foresee a change with this, we will communicate in advance with everyone.
- We are working to improve our Reopening model on a daily basis.
- Our next Reopening Zoom Townhall will be in November.
We will add a link to the zoom town hall on the website this week. I will send an email out with the link when we have it ready.
In-Person Board Meetings
We will continue our in-person board meetings on Tuesday, October 13 at 7:00. Due to state regulations, we must adhere to the 50 person event capacity and this number includes board members and staff. You may also participate in the board meeting via the Zoom link that is provided. It is important while we have our schools open we reopen our board meetings as well. Thanks for your understanding of the challenges we face as we host in-person meetings with the regulations and guidelines in place.
Here is the zoom link to tonight’s board meeting:
Have a good day!
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017