- Beacon City School District
- BCSD Superintendent Updates
Superintendent Update - November 19, 2021
Posted by Victoria Jackson on 11/19/2021
Superintendent Update - Friday, November 19, 2021
I have some informational items in my update today. We are excited to be sharing our first digital newsletter, The Bulldog Bulletin, next week with you. Please look for my email with a link to it on Monday or Tuesday.
Early School Release for Parent/Teacher Conferences
November 22 and November 23, 2021
Reminder - There are half-days scheduled for Monday, November 22 and November 23, 2021 for Parent/Teacher Conferences. Schools will release at the following times:
Beacon High School - Releasing students at 10:30 a.m.
Rombout Middle School - Releasing students at 11:00 a.m.
Sargent Elementary - Releasing students at 11:30 p.m.
Glenham Elementary - Releasing students at 11:30 p.m.
J.V. Forrestal Elementary - Releasing students at 11:30 p.m.
South Avenue Elementary - Releasing students at 11:30 p.m.
Announcement from the the Dutchess County Health Department
You may be able to shorten your quarantine
Based on CDC guidance, NYS DOH authorization, and local health department review, residents have the option to “test out of quarantine.” Quarantine can end after day 7 with a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later) and no reported symptoms. Alternatively, quarantine can end after day 10 without testing.
Steps to Test out of Quarantine
- Get a COVID-19 test on day 5 or later of quarantine. Rapid & PCR tests accepted.
- Upon receiving a negative test result, immediately send result to TestOut@dutchessny.gov.
- Wait for a release from quarantine letter from the Dutchess County Department of Behavioral and Community Health. Letter turn around is usually 24 hours from submission. Note, it may take up to 36 hours during non business hours (weekends).
- Quarantine ends after day 7 or later with a release from quarantine letter. However, if you do not have the release letter you must continue to quarantine through day 10.
- Continue monitoring for symptoms through day 14
- For assistance call the COVID-19 information line at 845-486-3555.
Vaccination Clinic Tomorrow
Stop & Shop Pharmacy located at 2540 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY will be holding a Vaccination Clinic for children ages 5-11 on Saturday, November 20, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Here is some more information on that which was forwarded to us directly from the pharmacy:
If you are having a problem opening the link below, please open the QR Code located HERE on your mobile device and register your 5-11 year old child there.
Appointments are required to ensure adequate supply.
Use this link to sign up for any open appointments: https://stopandshopsched.
*Any child should be accompanied by a least 1 parent or guardian*
If there are any questions, if you would like more information or be placed on a waiting list, please contact the pharmacy at (845) 483-9003
Have a good weekend!
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017