The next Board of Education Meeting - Budget Hearing
The next Board of Education meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. via video conference. The Public Hearing on the Budget will take place. The public is invited to speak via Zoom Video conference. Log in information will be posted this week.
Beacon City School District is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: BCSD BOE Meeting 6/1/20
Time: Jun 1, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
86055575073?pwd= VU0yL1ZXcEVzWldEMm5lQVJOWk1kUT 09
Meeting ID: 860 5557 5073
One tap mobile
,588241# US (New York)
,588241# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 860 5557 5073
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/
Candidates for the Board of Education Election and Budget Vote Information, June 9, 2020
There are three vacancies for the Board of Education Election, for three year terms: July 1, 2020- June 30, 2023.
The following individuals filed petitions to run for these vacancies by the deadline of Monday, May 11, 2020 at 5:00 P.M.
Ms. Kristan Flynn
Mr. Anthony White
Mr. Craig Wolf
Beacon Board of Education Advocacy Letter
- The Board of Education adopted the following advocacy letter at the meeting of May 11, 2020, and directed that it be sent to the following individuals and organizations:
- Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Senator Sue Serino
- Assembly Member Jonathan Jacobson
- Dutchess County School Boards Association
- Poughkeepsie Journal
- Highland Current
- Beacon Free Press
- New York Times
- Assembly Member Carl Heastie, Speaker of the House
- Assembly Member Michael Benedetto, Chair of Committee on Education
- Senator Jan Metzger, 42nd Senate District
- Senator Andrea Stewart-Dousins, Majority Leader
- Senator Shelley Mayer, Chair of Committee on Education
- Advocacy Letter 5-12-20
Revised BOE Meeting Schedule for 2019-2020
Please see the new dates adopted at the Board of Education meeting held on Monday, May 11, 2020
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 Budget Adoption
- Monday, June 1, 2020 Budget Hearing
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020 School Budget Vote and Election (via all absentee ballot)
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020 Canvass of Votes
- Monday, June 22, 2020 Retirement and Tenure Recognition
Meetings are at 7:00 P.M. via videoconference. Login information will be posted.
Petitions for Board of Education Candidates
Pursuant to Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 202-26, the process for running for the Board of Education has been amended. Citizens who are interested in running for the Board of Education may submit a letter or email declaring their interest to run, or they may complete the form that is available by clicking on the link below. The deadline for these declarations is Monday, May 11 at 5:00 P.M. Please email these forms to Kelly Pologe, School District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the Link below for the latest update from the Superintendent regarding COVID-19
Immunization Update from the NYS Department of Health
Please click on the link below to find information from the New York State Department of Health, Office of Children and Family Services, and the State Education Department on updates to vaccination requirements.
2019-2020 School Year Calendar
Please find the 2019-2020 School Year Calendar adopted on March 25, 2019 on the Calendar Tab on the Home Page of our website.