Registration Instructions


    We are pleased to welcome you to the Beacon City School District. You will find all of our teachers, principals and other staff members helpful and eager to provide your child with the best possible education.


    NYS law requires the District to enroll students who reside with their parent(s) or legal guardian (s) within our District.  Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child.  Students living within the District must provide proof of residency.  Affidavit of legal guardianship or custody forms must be provided if the student is not living with the parent.  All verifications are subject to District approval. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child.



    To register your child, please complete all forms attached and provide the documentation listed below to the Registrar at the Administration Office before registration can be finalized.


    Proof Of Date of Birth A birth certificate or record of baptism (domestic or foreign) with the original seal, passport (domestic or foreign) or visa.  If those documents are not available, please provide one of the following:

    Official driver’s license

    State or other government issued identification

    School photo identification with date of birth

    Consulate identification card

    Hospital or health records

    Military dependent identification card

    Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g. local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)

    Court orders or other court-issued documents

    Native American tribal document; or

    Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies

    State law requires that the child’s name, as it appears on the birth certificate, must appear on the office card, permanent record card, health card, transcripts, all diplomas and all other official records.  Requests to use “nicknames” or other names on these records may not be honored.


    Two (2) Proofs Of Residency – two of the following may be presented as accepted documentation:

    1. Proof of ownership of a house/condominium, such as a copy of a deed or mortgage statement
    2. Copy of residential lease/rental agreement
    3. Property or School Tax Bill
    4. A sworn or unsworn statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent leases or shares property
    5. Pay stub
    6. Income tax forms
    7. Utility, Insurance or other bills
    8. Member documents based upon residency (e.g. Library card)
    9. Voter registration documents
    10. Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver ID
    11. State or other government issued identification
    12. Documents issued by Federal, State or Local agencies (e.g. Local Social Service agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
    13. Evidence of custody of the child


    * If other documentation is provided, the Residency Officer will review the packet for registration permission

    Student custody - In case of divorce, separation, or legal guardianship, please provide court documents concerning custody of child signed by a judge (as well as any restraining orders currently in effect). If no such court documents exist, please request from the District and complete the affidavit of legal guardianship or Custody/Control forms.

    Residency Questionnaire



    Proof Of Immunization / Physical Exam – According to New York State Law and the District Policy, immunization records MUST be provided at time of registration. Also, New York State Education Law requires a Health Certificate to be furnished for each student upon entrance.


    Report Card/Other School Records If the child is transferring from another school district, the last report card and/or previous school records should be provided.


    IEP  If the child has an IEP, a copy MUST be provided.



  • Students may be registered at the District Office by appointment only:

    Please call Mrs. Valerie Warren, the District Registrar to make an appointment: 845-838-6900 x2002

    Please see the Student Registration Packet for instructions and application for registration or call the District Registrar at 845-838-6900 x2002 for additional information.

    Student Change of Information:

    Any change of address, emergency contact or guardianship/custody must be reported to the District Registrar at the District' Office.

    Proof of address or any other change must be presented in person to the District Registrar before the information can be updated.

    You may obtain a Student Change of Information Form from this page or by calling Mrs. Warren at 845-838-6900 x2002.