Absentee ballots will be available for voters who will be absent, during all hours of the day of the vote, for the following reasons:
- Absence from the County on election day
- Permanent illness or physical disability
- Duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled
- Resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital
- Detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
Absentee ballot applications may be received by the District Clerk no earlier than (30) days prior to the election: Monday, April 17, 2023, and at least seven (7) days prior to the election and vote - Tuesday, May 9, 2023, if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election and vote if the ballot is to be personally picked up by the voter or the voter's designated agent set forth on the application. Absentee ballots applications are available below or can be picked up at the District Office.
Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 P.M. on May 16, 2023 to be counted.